Like local residents, I am disappointed as the Contractor runs into financial difficulties that has not only delayed this project, but also impacted many other projects. At this time, City staff advised the following: “Construction progressed through the spring and into this summer season, though the project is encountering further unavoidable challenges this year due to weather delays and trade strikes which are affecting the completion schedule.
Amidst the challenges, the Contractor has managed to advance the project with the completion of the new Program Rooms in the original building (Phase 1) and the soccer field on the south side of the park (Phase 2)
With this recent success, we are continuing to work together in completing the project in phases:
- Phase 1 (complete) – new Program Rooms in original building (now available for booking).
- Phase 2 (complete) – soccer field on south side of the park (now open and ready for sports).
- Phase 3 (proposed to be completed summer 2019) – south playground and multi-use court.
- Phase 4 (proposed to be completed summer/fall 2019) – splash pad and north side of park.
- Phase 5 (proposed to be completed fall 2019) – baseball diamonds.
- Phase 6 (proposed to be completed late-fall 2019) – arena expansion building with fitness studio.
We appreciate your continued patience and apologize for the inconvenience that the delays may have caused.